Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Weekly Challenge #291


Greetings Fellow Tanglers!

I hope that you all had a great Halloween. The challenge this week from the diva was a Halloween theme tile. This one gave me fits, but I am posting it anyway. Didn’t have my normal watercolors around, so used some old ones at school for this tile. The moon started out white and I added the crescent moon to it using a gray marker and a metallic Gelly roll pen. Then decided that I wanted to add some yellow to it…. Big mistake! Started with a Tombow marker which started to smear the marker and pen. Stopped having done just an edge of the moon. So on to plan B. Use the watercolors to watercolor over the moon… smeared everything more. Quick rinse it under running water, which washed off all the smears and faded the crescent moon, but salvaged the tile. Add the yellow with colored pencil. Done for this week at least. Not quite what I was planning, but so it goes.

 Tangles used, Crescent Moon and Widgets
 
I also decided this month to do one of Stephanie@Everything is Art, tanglelendar. You can find her calendar pages here. I had fun with this, and my kids at work liked watching how it came along during the month.

 
 Happy Hump Day!
Thanks for stopping by, and for all of your lovely comments!
They do make my day!
Have a great week and Tangle on!

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful Halloween tile and I liove your tanglendar :-) Gudrun S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Halloweentile with a beautiful blue skye and that work for tanglendar is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Widgets in the Halloween tile!😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so enjoyed how you shared your process, I too go through plans A, B...:) Your tile came out wonderfully, an eery, Halloween night scene. Also, I love the geometric tangles and design of your October calendar:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That moon took a lot of work (and patience), but it looks great now. Your work in the calendar is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Halloween tiles are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The calendar is fantastic and I love your Diva tile. I had several fits with mine too;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Halloween tile and the moon came out great! The tanglelendar is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, lovely Diva tile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that halloween tile seemed to be really challenging. To me it looks great, it has Halloween atmosphere, especially because of that "smeared" moon:) The tanglelander ist beautifull... so lovley details on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the calendar idea, so I went onto the site and of course I just had to print them off and now it seems I've set myself yet another Challenge and it's ALL your fault! I can't believe how you persisted with the Halloween tile. Mine would have been in the bin after round one! Anyway, the finished tile is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Halloween tile! I do live it! The tanglelander is a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you hadn't told us of your problems with tile one, no one would ever know as it turned out so well. The calendar looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a funny and wonderful colored halloween tile - I love your bats!
    Great calender page with amazing shading and highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your calendar looks great. I really like all the tangles you used and your composition.

    ReplyDelete