Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Weekly Challenge #128


Wow! This weeks challenge from i am the diva, was to use two pencils together to create your string. This was a blast from the past for me. Way, way, back in the day, I once took a calligraphy class. Using two pencils together was one of the ways that we started out practicing, some of the letterforms. Once again, I was behind in my calendar, so used it for the first of the strings. I do remember that it was kind of tough to keep control with both of the pencils, so I did practice a bit on an old newspaper to get the feel of the pencils together again. Here is the first attempt at this weeks challenge. 


“Purple ribbon”

I am out and about this week with limited access, so as always comments are welcome, and I will try to catch up with you all later. Don’t forget to check out everyone’s solution to this challenge at i am the diva.

8 comments:

  1. Great tile. I love the way you colored only the string; it's a technique I'll have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it sprawls across the page. It looks like it wants to keep on going. It's beautiful.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. There that element of calligraphy in using double pencil. Very elegant undulating shapes. Love the shading and the touch of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful; Mooka is great with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That´s wonderful! Especially I like the coloring. It adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ZIA. Great coordination of tangle patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I like the gentle addition of color and the shading on your mooka.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks beautifully flowing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete