Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Weekly Challenge #169 and It's a String Thing #42


Happy Saturday Everyone!
Hope that you are all enjoying your weekend. This week the challenge from i am the diva was to use circles for your string and then tangle them. I was working with the 7th graders this week in watercolor and using glazes, so I used circles to show them how thin veils of color can change when put over another. After I was done with the circles, I tangled them and threw in a few Dew Drops too. Here is my piece for the challenge this week. I used watercolor, mixed colored pens and colored pencil. It is also a larger piece, 8 1/2 X 11.



I also have started to play in Adele Bruno’s, It’s a String Thing. This week we were to use Knightsbrige, so here is that tile too.



My many thanks to those who visit and also for your very kind comments!
Have a great rest of the weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Kate, these pieces are stunning! I love your dew drops in the first piece. I have yet to feel comfortable with that technique, but seeing your dew drop with Jetties makes me feel like I could try that one to start. :-) I see dew drops in my future!

    I love your color combination and patterns. Such a lovely challenge pice. Your Knightsbridge piece is fun too. It's amazing how much movement and dimension you achieved all with one pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Emily, I love the drops in the first; I also love the soft colors. The other one is beautiful too, Knightsbridge in color is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are fantastic! I love the translucence of the colors in your challenge piece and am really impressed with how interesting and appealing you made the monotangle of Knight's Bridge. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are awesome, love your colours too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the visit and the kind comment on my Circles. I love what you've done with yours - beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like ther translucent color and the bubble effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors and I LOVE the dewdrops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done. Great how you could incorporate the school project with the challenge. Those colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your use of color. I have not yet ventured into the use of dewdrops and yours are lovely. I will have to give them a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, very Nice colors and patterns you used. Lovely. Like also your knightbridge.
    I discovered that site also and made for the first time also this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Kate. Your use of color is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete