Greetings Fellow Tanglers!
I can’t believe that we are already half way thru January. The new year has been flying by so far. I am at the end of the quarter at school and I am neck deep in getting all the grading done and posted, so I am crazy busy. I did take some time to do the diva challenge, "A Happy (new) Medium" and I had one turn out, and an epic failure that I think I managed to save.
The first I used a new micron that is in a forest green color on a renaissance tile. I used a scumbling technique in the background with the two colors of watercolor pencils.
The second I used my newer watercolor pencils but tried something to shade around it that was a total bomb. I “fixed” it by painting Payne’s Gray acrylic around the tangle. Another "new" medium. I also found out that the white Gelly roll pen works quite nicely over the acrylic paint, so that’s a plus for future projects.
Also wanted to share my first Ratoon tile done at zenAgain.
I worked with my enrichment class this week and introduced those students who wanted to learn it, Ratoon. Here is the mosaic of those students that chose to try it out. I was pretty jazzed about their tiles!
Thanks for stopping by, and for all of your lovely comments!
They do make my day!
Have a great week and Tangle on!