Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Diva Challenge #171 and Whimsy and Zen #11


The challenge this week from i am the diva, was to work with Beads of Courage that helps support children and their families that are dealing with life threatening and chronic illness. You can read about it here. I was so pleased to see that Minnesota has a number of hospitals that participate in this program to help the kids, and families, through this trying time.  

I used Shelly Beauch’s, Mak-rah-mee tangle, and some inspiration from Helen Williams and her strings, in my piece, for two things today. I gave away a bit of a sneak peek on this one yesterday, using it for my Whimsy and Zen 30 days of creativity for the day. So since this is that last day with students for me this year, I am using it finished for day 11, and the diva's challenge. 

I am dedicating these beads of courage to Ci! 
I'm rooting for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.


 Happy Hump Day and Tangle On!

9 comments:

  1. Love that you used Mak-rah-mee to make that beautiful bead string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tile. Everything is placed in a perfect position in the space defined by the tile. The relaxed wondering of your strings and the two with knots is a wonderful touch. Your choice of beads, their color and positions are well thought out. It is all so artfully balanced. I love looking at it. Awesome,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beads look so real as if someone could just wrap them around their neck and wear them!! Beautiful job!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I thought it was a photograph when I first looked at it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading some of the other tanglers stories and the amount of courage that there is in the world. Your beads are really gorgeous and a fitting tribute to those who have to demonstrate courage every day of their lives. Axxx

    ReplyDelete